Recreational Practice & Game Composition
|Head Coach||1||1||Mask mandatory for game|
|Assistant Coach||up to 2||2||Masks mandatory for Game|
|Manager||1||1||Act as Ambassador but must not spectate|
|HCSP||1||1||Act as Ambassador and must spectate in the capacity of HCSP for their team|
|On-Ice Helper||1||N/A||Can only attend practices to assist coaches and must not be coaching players|
|On-ice Officials||N/A||2-4||Masks mandatory for game when approaching players (neck gaiter)|
|N/A||1||Mask mandatory for game (away team)|
|N/A||1||Mask mandatory for game (home team)|
|Penalty Box |
|N/A||2||Masks mandatory for the game (1 from each home & away)|
|TeamSnap Live Updater & 2-deep||1||1||Mask mandatory, act as second person for 2-deep to assist HCSP|
|Maximum Per Team||14 max||15||Practices: If 12 players come to the practice, then only 2 coaches may go on ice with the team
Games: All 3 coaches may be at a game but wearing masks, on the bench
*Important* PGMHA Return to Play Protocols
- We ask that families complete the above form once
- Read the above document, PGMHA Return to Play Protocols
- send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- I agree
- Player(s) Name(s): ______________
- TeamSnap Parent/Guardian Name: ______________
Cole's Notes about accessing the rink at this time!
- complete My Health Check on your TeamSnap app prior to attending your ice time, in addition to marking your Availability (TeamSnap Help)
- arrive no sooner than 15 minutes prior to the start of your ice time with your player fully dressed in hockey gear (including jersey) carrying what they need to put on inside (skates, helmet, gloves, stick and water bottle)
- one parent/guardian (no siblings) may enter the rink with their player and attend to them at their chair to assist with tying skates and fastening helmets but must leave once their player is ready to go onto the ice
- the Ambassador will greet you upon arrival and will take a contact number in the event your player needs you while they are on the ice
- the player may leave a bag and their shoes at their chair while they are on the ice
- parents are welcome to return to the rink 5 minutes prior to the end of the ice time and return to their player's chair to wait for them as they come off the ice to assist and then escort their player out of the building
October 15, 2020 PGMHA Return To Play Plan
This document has been updated from its original July 2020 posting.
October 8, 2020 Recreational Hockey Update
Our current environment (a combination of viaSport, City of PG, BC Hockey & Hockey Canada Guidelines) allows small teams to play modified hockey games. Recreational hockey will be modified to a 4-on-4 or 3-on-3 hockey game on scheduled game days (see rules and format link at top of this webpage). There will be 4 HCR teams per cohort at this time. These cohorts will practice together and play with each other (2 teams per ice time). With the current, reduced availability of ice combined with smaller team sizes, players will receive the same amount of, or more, playing time during games and receive more coach to player interaction.
Spectators are not allowed in the buildings at this time, however, in addition to coaches and assistant coaches, each ice time is allowed an ambassador who greets players, assists with skates & helmets and can stay during the ice time to assist with players in case of injury or other break requirements. To qualify for this position on your team, train to be your team's Hockey Canada Safety Person (HCSP) and sign up to become a Team Staff member. One HCSP per team.
Parents/guardians are allowed to enter the building, assist their player with getting the remainder of their gear on but must exit the building prior to the start of the ice time. Parents/guardians may return 5 minutes prior to the end of the ice time, go to their player's chair and wait for them to exit the ice surface.
We look forward to implementing viaSport's phase 3 guidelines soon (we are waiting for additional Guidelines from the other governing bodies) where one spectator per player will be allowed!