* REP/DEV Head Coach Applications Close May 15th!
Apply for Representative Team Staff if you'd like to be considered for:
- Representative Head Coach
- Representative Assistant Coach
- Representative HCSP
- Representative Team Manager
Quick links if you are a returning Coach:
Step 1 - CRC
- Everyone requires a CRC and they are valid for 3 years.
- Your CRC expiry date is not yet showing in member's Spordle accounts, as a result when you apply to volunteer with PGMHA, it does not ask you for your CRC expiry date.
All PGMHA volunteers 17 years old, turning 18 by the end of calendar year, and older must have a valid Criminal Record Check or CRC. Log into your Spordle account to check the expiry date of your CRC with Hockey Canada if you are a returning volunteer and have an eHockey account.
New to volunteering with PGMHA:
- Complete your Criminal Record Check online & use access code H66S89T4NL
- Be sure to first Request a Criminal Record Check and then log back in to Share the result of a Completed Criminal Record Check
If you require the paper version to take to the RCMP detachment, please contact the office requesting one.
Record the expiration date for your online coach application in this format yyyy-mm-dd
Step 2 - RIS for Activity Leaders
Every officially rostered Team Staff (HC, AC, HCSP or Manager) requires their RIS for Activity Leaders.
Respect In Sport (RIS) for Activity Leaders is a different course than RIS for Hockey Canada Parents.
Click here to log in or create your BC Hockey RIS for Activity Leaders account
Record your RIS for Activity Leader Certificate Number
Step 3 - CATT
Every officially rostered Team Staff (HC, AC, HCSP or Manager) requires their CATT.
Click here to take your CATT training online.
- All volunteers require CATT!
- CATT does not expire.
- Your CATT is listed in your Spordle account if you've taken it before.
- Be sure to download the certificate which triggers the notification to BC Hockey to add it to your profile
- Select BC Hockey as the Organization then Prince George MHA as the Sub Organization.
Click here if you've completed CATT and need to provide a copy of your certificate.
Step 5 - MED
Only required for Head Coaches as part of their Dev 1 Coaching Certification.
Click here for Hockey Canada Making Ethical Decisions (MED) Information & Registration.
Record your Hockey Canada Making Ethical Decisions certificate number
Step 6 - Keeping Girls in Sport
Optional but certainly recommended for every officially rostered Team Staff (HC, AC, HCSP or Manager)
Keeping Girls In Sport is a Respect Group Inc. program PGMHA recommends all coaches involved in female hockey complete.
Record your KGIS Certificate Number
Step 7 - HCSP
Only required if you are volunteering to be the team's HCSP, a dedicated position.
Step 8 - Apply
Required to be considered for a Team Staff position (HC, AC, HCSP or Manager).
You are the Participant/Player! Please enter your information (not your player).
Step 9 - Submit your receipts for reimbursement
*BC Hockey Coaching Certifications (Coach 2 or Dev 1) will not be reimbursed until the end of the year process is complete, including your binder being submitted to email@example.com and BC Hockey emails your qualification letter which then needs to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- your name
- your division
- attach all your receipts
- attach your completed certificates