- The philosophy of the PGMHA Representative League is to establish and maintain representative team opportunities of higher level and sustained competition for those players demonstrating above average levels of skill, ability and attitude using a fair process of evaluations.
- All participants are expected to put in extra time for training, practicing and playing games. There are additional expenses for travel, tournaments, additional practice times, dryland training, team clothing and other miscellaneous expenses. Consideration must be given to the extra expenses when making the commitment to play on a representative team.
Representative Tryout registration information
- Representative tryout fees:
- $75 for U11 Development (new)
- $150 for U13, U15 and U18
- must be paid in full by August 14, 2020
- Please check this page August 17, 2020 for registration confirmation.
- Representative Team Tryouts:
- Players must attend all evaluation and tryout times unless they are involved in BC Hockey team tryouts.
- Players must register with both the Season Registration and Representative Tryout Registration with the exception of those trying out for BC Hockey (see below).
- Players must request to be “excused” prior to an absence, for any reason; not attending any tryout, without being excused, will make the player ineligible to play representative hockey.
- Exceptions will be made for players moving to Prince George after the tryouts.
- Female players are not permitted to tryout or play on a male representative team if a female representative team is under consideration.
- All players from outside Prince George are required to be released from their home Association & District prior to registering with PGMHA for tryouts & carding.
- Players register directly with BC Hockey for regional U15 & U18 programming. Players trying out for BC Hockey regional teams are also asked to complete the Representative Tryout Registration only to express their intent to play with PGMHA in the event they are released from BC Hockey teams (new). PGMHA will issue full refunds to any player successful in being rostered to one of the BC Hockey teams.
- After being selected to a representative team and prior to being carded to that representative team, players will be required to pay an additional $350.00 non-refundable carding fee (fee subject to change). The carding fee does not apply to U11 Development.
- Representative Tryout Registration closes August 14, 2020